President Joe Biden announces its new plan to combat delta variant of COVID-19 by announcing policies requiring most federal employees to get COVID-19 vaccinations and pushing large employers to have their workers inoculated or tested weekly.
The new measures, which Biden laid out in remarks from the White House, would apply to about two-thirds of all U.S. employees, those who work for businesses with more than 100 workers.
5 things to know :
- Los Angeles mandates Covid-19 vaccines for school children.
- Biden announced that the federal government will work to increase the supply of virus tests, and that the White House has secured concessions from retailers including Walmart, Amazon, and Kroger to sell at-home testing kits at cost beginning this week.
- Transportation Security Administration is doubling fines for first-time offenders who fail to wear masks, effective Friday, and said repeat offenders could face fines as high as $3,000. Health
- The FAA has proposed penalties totaling more than $1 million, including many $9,000 fines for not wearing masks on airplanes.
- Biden is also signing an executive order to require vaccination for employees of the executive branch and contractors who do business with the federal government — with no option to test out.
Source : timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/usa-news-headlines-live-updates-us-covid-cases-donald-trump-09-september-2021/liveblog/86068602.cms